16.5.11

The Ash Table

This table was conceived while at a Palm Spring estate sale. This sale promised to be a good one, so I arrived at 4:30am in an attempt to first in line- I was third. As is sometimes typical of these sales, everything was priced above retail. After realizing I wouldn't be going home with a truck load of goodies I began to look for materials to create something out of. Thats when I found these cool shelves made of Ash, which matches the Eames DCM chairs. So I designed and built this table out of the vintage Ash shelves, salvaged steel for the under frame and vintage hairpin legs. I really love the size of this table- perfect for a large dinner table or a great desk.



The table is edged with Teak trim and there is a cool Teak strip mid table top

the thinker... hahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment